Sunday, May 30, 2010
Sunday, May 23, 2010
May 23, 2010 is the day that my locs turned 1 year old! Wow, who would have thought that I could basically keep one hairstyle for 1 year and looking forward to many more. But I suppose it's much more than a hairstyle, it's a hair lifestyle. Going natural and deciding to loc my hair are the single best hair decisions I have ever made. My how time flies! My natural hair two year anniversary will be here before you know it........August 20. I'm getting some anniversary pics together, so in the mean time here is my anniversary loc routine.
1. Gave myself an Ojon Restorative Treatment. Allow this to remain in hair until shampoo time.
2. I latched or interlocked my new growth with my hair pin tool. This pretty much took all day with a long nap in the middle. :-)
3. During shampoo time, I initially rinsed my hair really well then proceeding to do an ACV rinse. I allowed this to sit for awhile.
4. Next, I shampooed my hair three times with my Chagrin Valley Cafe Moreno shampoo bar. I love the way this stuff smells. Cloves!
5. Normally I would have oiled my scalp, but this time I just sprayed Taliah Waajid protective mist bodifier on my locs and sat under the dryer for a while.
My hair dried a bit, just enough to barely feel the dampness. Before bed, I'll spray them with my jojoba/sweet almond oil and aloe vera juice spray and wrap them for the night.
Pictures are coming!