Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Let the Journey Begin!




Well, I finally took that leap! I braided my hair up this past Saturday. It took a whopping 12 hours! I'm sure it wouldn't have taken so long, but I took massive breaks! When it was finally time for me to go to bed Saturday night, I was just smitten with my new little braids. They had the cutest curly ends, but were quite stiff as to be expected.....but still smitten. I got into the bed with my computer and camera all set to take some pictures, but I couldn't find just the right pose. Go figure! When I got up Sunday morning to prepare for church, I took off my scarf and realized that all of my little plaits were flat. Oh dear! I sprayed them with my Happy-n-Nappy Dew to no avail. I tried flat twisting them in the front for a little style, but still nothing. This went on until about 9:50. (I was about to be really late for church.) I finally got so pissed at them that I went to the sink and rinsed them, considered taking all of them out! Oh, but wait.....the water was just what they needed! The water allowed them to relax a bit and not be so stiff. I put on a headband and hurried out the door. Alas, my bradelocz had received their identity.....only to find a new one the next day. LOL!
Monday, while I had nothing to do, I started to notice the fact that Ireally hated that center part. Why, oh why did I give myself a center part in the first place when I NEVER wear my hair with one. I decided that I would twist the roots and give myself a new SIDE part, more becoming of how I wear my hair. My hair was easy to twist considering the fact that my is already very naturally coily. Coincidentally, my braids and roots had already started to coil. I must say that I like it a lot better with the side part. My little bradelocz are starting to grow on me! Let the journey begin!

2 comments:

  1. Your hair looks great and very moisturized! It suits your face wonderfully! Don't you love the fact that you have a face that can pull off any style including the super short ones?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always forgiving! I try to mist it lightly with something everyday.

    ReplyDelete