Saturday, April 18, 2009

Straightening Experiment





After reviewing my list of hair products, I realized that I had left some things off. I forgot to mention Carol’s Daughter’s Hair Milk, Miss Jessie’s Curly Buttercreme, and Kinky Curly’s gloss pomade. I had stopped using the Hair Milk, but I recently made it work very well for my hair. Yay me!

Today, I attempted something new since I’ve been natural. I attempted to straighten my hair! It really wasn’t so bad, but I think it will be better if my hair were a little longer. I started out the process by washing my hair as always with Dr. Bronner’s magic soap (peppermint), then I proceeded to condition and sit under the dryer with Oyin Handmade’s Honey Hemp Conditioner. This product alone is my new FAVORITE product! My hair is very thick, and after rinsing the conditioner out, I could immediately comb through my hair with absolutely no problems. This was great! I sectioned my hair and blow dried it with Joico Silk Elements blow drying cream, and Chi Silk Infusion. Then I went on to flat iron it with Sally’s Ion Anti-Frizz Ceramic-Tourmaline flat iron. It did a really great job. After I made the decision that it needed to be longer, I dusted my ends. Then I shampooed it very lightly with a diluted natural shampoo, re-conditioned and started over.

I finally got a chance to use the rest of my new Oyin Handmade products. But I still kept it simple by misting my hair with Greg Juice and adding a little Ojon Restorative leave in.I had to go back to my staple product and favorite styler, IC Fantasia Hair polishing styling gel. I mixed it with some Oyin Handmade Shine and Define, and that’s it! The perfect wash-n-go curly fro! Until next time.

Mik

No comments:

Post a Comment