Wednesday, April 8, 2009

I'm a Product Junkie!

Ok, i'm officially a product junkie. I was actually a product junkie before I decided to go natural, but the 'j' in me has taken a turn for the worse. During my springbreak I decided I would rid myself of unnecessary products and things I don't use. Well, as I sit here and gaze at the myriad of hair, bath, and body products, I realize that I truly have my work cut out for me. I NEED HELP. I think it might help if I categorize my products and then rank them according to their effectiveness on my hair. Then I will have to decide if they're keepers or not. I'll start with shampoo. (The lower the number, the more effective it is for my hair.)
Shampoo
3. Carol's Daughter Tui Herbal Shampoo
4. Organix Nourishing Coconut Milk Shampoo
2. Naked Naturals Awapuhi and Lavender shampoo (no sulfates)
1. 1. Dr. Bronner's 18-n-1 Hemp Peppermint Pure Castile Soap
Conditioners (instant and deep)
1. 1. Ojon Restorative Hair Treatment
2. 2. Carol's Daughter Tui Hair Smoothie
5. Tigi Bedhead Moisture Maniac
3. 4. Organix Nourishing Coconut Milk Conditioner
4. 3. Cantu Shea Butter Moisturizer Rinse Out Conditioner
**Oyinhandmade Honey Hemp Conditioner (in the mail!)
Leave in conditioners
1. Kinky Curly Knot Today (Best for Wash-n-Go)
2. Ellin Lavar Textures Detangle Mist (Best for Coils and Twists)
**Oyinhandmade Greg Juice (in the mail!)
**Oyinhandmade Juices-n-Berries (in the mail!)
Oils (I mix these so they are all pretty much the same for me.)
Carol's Daughter Tui Oil
Jojoba Oil
Sweet Almond Oil
Coconut Oil (More partial to this one.)
Lavender (eo)
Ylang Ylang (eo)
Vanilla (eo)
Stylers
1. IC fantasia hair polished styling gel
Miss jessie's curly pudding (just don't like)
Miss jessie's curly meringue (just don't like)
Miss jessie's stretch silkening cream (really, really don't like)
2. Kinky curly curling custard
Kinky curly spiral spritz
5. Jamaican mango and lime locking gel
4. Jamaican mango and lime locking gel (resistant formula)
4. Jamaican mango and lime locking wax (I know this is bad for me but my coils and twists are perfect with this!)
3. Organic root simulator lock and twist gel
**Oyinhandmade shine and define (in the mail!)
After this realization, it is time for some purging! Also, with this economy, I should be wiser with my money. Oh well, until next time.
Mik

No comments:

Post a Comment